How To Stand Up & Fight Back For Refugees
Donald Trump has already begun to issue a number of executive orders targeting vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers, which means your voice of opposition is more critical than ever.
History has taught us the deadly consequences of slamming the doors of this country shut on people just because of who they are and where they are from. We must prevent this administration from repeating the mistakes of the past. Here’s how you can help:
- Send a message directly to President Trump telling him that this policy threatens American values and history.
- Share this graphic on Facebook and Twitter to spread the word about this upcoming announcement and invite your friends to take action as well. There is strength in numbers — more shares helps us build visibility and grow our movement to defend our tradition of welcoming the stranger.
- Call your member of congress. Let them know you care about this issue, and you want them to do all they can for refugees in 2017 — including calling on the Trump administration to undo these actions.
- Sign this petition in support of refugees.
- Join the more than 1,700 rabbis who have signed this letter in support of welcome (or ask your rabbi to do so).
- Show there is grassroots support for refugees in your area. Add your community or congregation to the HIAS Welcome Campaign.
- Support our work protecting and welcoming refugees and asylum seekers. Click here to donate.
- Get emails from HIAS letting you know about actions you can take in real time. Sign-up here.
Our tradition of welcoming refugees as new Americans is one of the things that has made America great. It is a tradition worth fighting for, and we intend to do so. Join us.